Sport
Crystal Palace near £3m deal for Croatia and Ajax full-back Borna Sosa with medical booked

Crystal Palace are closing in on a deal for Ajax and Croatia full-back Borna Sosa.
The Eagles first offered for the player last week, and have now agreed terms with the Dutch side.
Standard Sport understands the agreed fee is around £3million.
The player will undergo a medical on Monday after receiving permission from Ajax to travel to the UK.
The Eagles are looking to add depth at left-back ahead of the club’s first-ever involvement in European competition, though it remains unclear whether they will compete in the Europa League or Conference League.
Tyrick Mitchell was the first choice in that position last season and was deputised by Chelsea loanee Ben Chillwell in the second half of the campaign, though he has returned to his parent club with his future in flux.
Sosa, 27, is an established member of the Croatia national side, earning 26 senior caps since making his debut in a goalless draw against Russia in 2021.
He signed to Ajex from Stuttgart in 2023 and spent last season on loan at Torino, where he made 20 appearances as Il Toro finished 11th in Serie A.
Able to play as both a left-back and a left wing-back, Sosa is both attack-minded and defensively astute, with an impressive passing range.
He has three years remaining on his current Ajax deal, but was told last week that he was no longer in the club’s plans for next season.
Palace have done plenty of shopping in the Eredivisie this summer, already adding PSV Eindhoven goalkeeper Walter Benitez on a free transfer earlier this summer.
There are likely to be outgoings this summer, too, as the Eagles’ FA Cup-winning side is set to be picked apart by rivals.
Arsenal are said to be exploring a £68m deal for talisman winger Eberechi Eze, whom Palace are keen to hold onto.
Marc Guehi has also drawn widespread interest, with Liverpool thought to be keen on his services.
-
Sport9 months ago
“I’m not trying to criticize Ancelotti, but I’m not happy with him for benching that player”: Bellingham Expresses Frustration Over Ancelotti’s Tactical Decision
-
Sport9 months ago
BREAKING: Manchester City vs Liverpool Clash Cancelled! Title Race Takes a Twist
-
Sport9 months ago
Arsenal Poised for January Swoop on €70 Million Star Dusan Vlahovic
-
Sport9 months ago
WHAT ON GOD’S GREEN EARTH DID WE JUST SEE?!
-
Sport9 months ago
Real Madrid: Carlo Ancelotti’s Surprising Revelations About an Unexpected Quality of Vinicius
-
Sport9 months ago
BREAKING: Arsenal’s Champions League Quarterfinal Opponent Revealed After Monaco’s Dramatic Win – Tough Challenges Await Arteta’s Men
-
Sport9 months ago
Chelsea Players Facing Suspension as Yellow Cards Mount
-
Sport9 months ago
Key Arsenal Player Set for Return as Gunners Face Struggling Everton